Has anyone put a 1.8t in their mk2

Discussion relating to the Scirocco 1982-1991 - - please ask technical questions in the technical/trouble shooting section
love-metal
fill in the right answer: 15

Has anyone put a 1.8t in their mk2

Post by love-metal »

As always I'm always on the quest for more power.
I have a mk2 gt2 scirocco now after my mk2 golf gti caught fire, yes, caught fire.
Whilst I've done my research on doing said conversion on a golf, has anyone done it to a mk2 'rocco?

I would be aiming for a BAM spec engine. If I'm going to spend money I might as well go the whole way!
Would parts that are available to do the conversion on a mk1 golf fit the scirocco? What electrics would my car be using, CE1? I'm still learning about scirrocos and would be great full for any information about doing it on mk2 rocco. I won't be surprised if its different to a golf lol.

Whilst I'm a long way from making this a reality, I like to do my research first.

bengould
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Has anyone put a 1.8t in their mk2

Post by bengould »

Hi,

I have done 2, there are a quite a few others on here that have done it too.
Have a search through the projects section and you'll find loads of information.
It is the same as doing it in a mk1 golf, they are essentially the same car.

Ben.

james butler

Post by james butler »

I dont mind project cars but I HATE SANDING!!!
essextom

Post by essextom »

I'm most the way through doing one. It's not hugely difficult and you can get almost all the parts to do it off the shelf. As they say above it's the same as a mk1 golf.