Hello SR

Discussion relating to the Scirocco 1982-1991 - - please ask technical questions in the technical/trouble shooting section
Nickmk2
fill in the right answer: 15

Hello SR

Post by Nickmk2 »

Hi,

Im new to Scirocco Register but not new to mk2 ownership...Ive had a Mk2 black gt2 with the carb engine all standard (including tape deck) for the last 8 years. I went through a bad patch in life when i broke both my arms, break up of my family, lost my house.. but all that remained was my gt2 .. i ended up sleeping rough in it for several months somehow moving it from car park to car park... the beast has never let me down (well properly) it is a carb after all... life is good now i have my house back, i have a new family (i got order in place to see my daughter) but the rocco was took off the road 3 years ago due to misting from one of the fuel lines... however, whenever weve been tight on cash and the discussion about what to do with the rocc has come up... its come close but i cant sell it... and never will... ive nursed an old ee4 along (needed a family car) but now has come the time to get the old girl back on the road... i fot new fuel lines so they will be goig on soon, i put a new battery on her and she started 1st time (albeit with a line ina jerry can) rocc was there for me at my worst so now I wont give up on the rocc..there doesnt appear to be any rust apart from a small bubble on 1 door and a little surface corrosion underneath.. i also have an old a3 1.8t that runs so when we are done with that i may look at butchering the a3 and make a roccet.... not sure but for the time being i thought id join this group and would love to hear fellow rocc stories, and thanks in advance for any furure advice i may receive. Big love :-)

Nickmk2

Re: Hello SR

Post by Nickmk2 »

BlackGTX

Post by BlackGTX »

clean looking car, some tough times behind you. we can defiantly help witha 20vt conversion on here

Nickmk2

Post by Nickmk2 »

^^ nice one bud, i will definately need it once i start butchering the a3. . As i got a complete donor car, im under the large assumption that i should have most of the bits required...well after a few bangs in the head and occasional foul language... i got stub axles etc... for rear disc conversion... though i know not entirely neccessary but will see what the old hubs are like if not seized... dont think i left handbrake on....1st things 1st though gotta get rid of the e34 so im under the bonnet in the rain changing thermostat and then boot struts as its got a new m.o.t on it and lpg so should go.... then put these fuel lines on the rocc and get her up ont road... shouldnt be too much fuss as ive done pretty much a full service on her new fuel filters etc .... will definately putting out pleas for advice though once i get started on making her a roccet... now just to convince my 2yr old boy, that daddy needs a little bit of tool time oh and the mrs hahahahah

BlackGTX

Post by BlackGTX »

all about the pics,

have a look.a scrappy1382 20vt and ants build thread for it, fabrication needed to get all in

mark1gls
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by mark1gls »

Welcome Nickmk2. :good:

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323
scrappy1382

Post by scrappy1382 »

BlackGTX wrote:all about the pics,

have a look.a scrappy1382 20vt and ants build thread for it, fabrication needed to get all in
oi, ya beat me to it :x

welcome to the group fella, if you manage to atleast get your car roadworthy, 5th august raf cosford is the groups official club meet. would be good to see you there :-)

Scirocco Shane
84 cosmos blue storm - mafia car choice 2015 rip :-(
84 Havanna Brown Storm - 8-)
Nickmk2

Post by Nickmk2 »

Nice one :-) and thanks for the welcome mk1gls!

Scrappy1382 i will definately have it roadworthy by the end of March :-D or so i promised myself and the kids.. hahaha both my littlens love that car and sit in it all the time at the bottom of the garden making car noises.. So im gunna say ill definately make the meet in August.

Out of interest have you got a link to your 20vt build? Im not a man of great wealth so alhough ive got a fully working audi a3.18t and stub axles etc.. for disc brake conversion wouldnt mind costing up what else ill have to save and pilfer b4 i can go ahead converting mine..:-)

scrappy1382

Post by scrappy1382 »

here is the link

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=19427

ant and his dad done a fantastic engine build.. im mainly replacing parts , wishbones/suspension etc.

Scirocco Shane
84 cosmos blue storm - mafia car choice 2015 rip :-(
84 Havanna Brown Storm - 8-)
Nickmk2

Post by Nickmk2 »

Wow... niiice rocc u got there scrappy1382, thanks for the link this is an amazing thread! Aready pricing up the parts