rear seat backs...

Discussion relating to the Scirocco 1982-1991 - - please ask technical questions in the technical/trouble shooting section
steve bain

rear seat backs...

Post by steve bain »

so years ago i removed one of the pieces of hardboard on the back on half my 50/50 split rear seat to make a custom one to hold my amp etc. I put it in a safe place. Can I find it! heck i can. I still have the other side so can use it as a template and want to make a new pair as mine are so scratched from 30 years of abuse.

Any idea where i can get a hardboard with a matt textured finish instead of the shiny smooth stuff you normally get?

My build thread:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14083
essextom
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: rear seat backs...

Post by essextom »

You could sand the shiney stuff with some 320 paper, are they not painted black?

chopperoli

Post by chopperoli »

Search for 'Millboard', a classic car trim place called Woolies sells it

scirockirb
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by scirockirb »

chopperoli wrote:Search for 'Millboard', a classic car trim place called Woolies sells it
Millboard is also a particularly nasty type of asbestos if you get some wierd responses from the search

steve bain

Post by steve bain »

scirockirb wrote:
chopperoli wrote:Search for 'Millboard', a classic car trim place called Woolies sells it
Millboard is also a particularly nasty type of asbestos if you get some wierd responses from the search
its also a plastic decking manufacturer! found loads of places which sell it, so will give it a go. thanks for your help.

My build thread:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14083