Mk2 seat belts ?

Discussion relating to the Scirocco 1982-1991 - - please ask technical questions in the technical/trouble shooting section
Lightweight
fill in the right answer: 15

Mk2 seat belts ?

Post by Lightweight »

Hi everyone - I'm after a full front seat belt assembly for both driver and passenger.

I've looked around but can't find any to buy apart from one set on ebay that looks a bit worse for wear - Not sure if anyone knows if you can use seatbelts from any other VW models around the same era?

Jake

the edmundator
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Mk2 seat belts ?

Post by the edmundator »

Have you tried VW Classic Parts? I think they do some of the seat belts.

Register Member 829
--
1980 (1976) Mk1 Junior Cup Replica
1987 MK2 GTX
mark1gls
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by mark1gls »

Whats wrong with your seat belts?
Not retracing?
Frayed/cut?

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323
Lightweight
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by Lightweight »

the edmundator wrote:Have you tried VW Classic Parts? I think they do some of the seat belts.

Ah - Didn't even know about this site, v expensive but looks like they have loads of bits that would be useful if you have no other way of getting hold of something!
mark1gls wrote:Whats wrong with your seat belts?
Not retracing?
Frayed/cut?
Well..I bought the car and it had a rollcage and bucket seats with harnesses lol :?

The cage came out straight away! The seats are really nice but can't stand the harnesses so I just want to put some standard belts in there.

I picked up a set of front belts from a breaker the other day but only just realised I didn't take the belt buckles! Are they meant to be attached to the original front seats!?