Sunroof problem

Discussion relating to the Scirocco 1982-1991 - - please ask technical questions in the technical/trouble shooting section
Rocco2
fill in the right answer: 15

Sunroof problem

Post by Rocco2 »

Hi,

Did try to use search.
I just want to know what is these parts called and with other VW's are they compatible.
Added picture with circles around broken things. Trouble is that the roof doesn't close properly and to get replacements need to know what to call these things.

Or is there anything else missing?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rocco goes turbo
bengould
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Sunroof problem

Post by bengould »

Finding sunroof parts is getting quite difficult, and expensive. Not sure what exactly they are called but if you search eBay for "mk2 scirocco sunroof" there are a lot of people selling parts, and a few selling the complete mechanism. But they aren't cheap.
I have one for sale considerably cheaper than what they go for on eBay, but not sure how much shipping to you would be. Have a look at my for sale thread and pm me if your interested and I'll look into postage.

Ben.

Rocco2
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by Rocco2 »

Will some other, older vw sunroof pieces fit? Golf1,2 Jetta etc. Or is the rocco "the special" kind?

Rocco goes turbo
mark1gls

Post by mark1gls »

Not sure on what parts you need but if it bits for the tilt then I think only the scirocco had a tilting sun roof, Mk1 and Mk2 golf roofs slide back but don't tilt up at the back but the basic parts are the same.

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323
PeteGLi

Post by PeteGLi »

If you search in the 'Bodywork, Trim and Paint' technical section for the word 'sunroof', you should find a thread with a link to the VW sunroof manual, which is very comprehensive.
For part numbers, most of us, use either Vagcat or Partsbase.