Gtx turbo

Discussion relating to the Scirocco 1982-1991 - - please ask technical questions in the technical/trouble shooting section
Ttechnics
fill in the right answer: 15

Gtx turbo

Post by Ttechnics »

Hello people,
I have recently acquired a scirocco with a turbo technics conversion, I've owned a few sciroccos in the past and when I saw this advertised i decided I had to have it.
I've been trying to find others with the same kit so this is just a short introduction and a shout out to anyone else out there with the same setup. It's a gtx 8v dx engine

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

mr.brown

Re: Gtx turbo

Post by mr.brown »

Great purchase - it was posted up on the Facebook page and like me, I'm sure most viewers had never heard of a TT'd Scirocco.

It'll be worth your while also joining the Club GTI forum and asking the same question - I'm sure there will a mk1 Golf or two with the same conversion - and both cars are pretty much identical under the skin.

Ttechnics

Post by Ttechnics »

Yes, that's the one. I've been searching about and found a fair few mk1 and 2 golfs with the same kit, I've just never seen or heard of it on a scirocco not fitted from new anyway it's got to be quite a rare car. I just wanted to post this and hopefully find someone else with the same setup

mark1gls
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by mark1gls »

Very nice find... :-D
I've only seen 1 Mk2 Scirocco with this set up and you now may have the car I've seen/read about.

Few Mk1 Golfs about though and if anyone wants a Turbo charged Mk2 Scirocco the 20VT is a popular engine choice now a days.

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323
the edmundator

Post by the edmundator »

There was another turbo technics mk2 at the National meeting a year or two ago, I’m pretty sure. Glad to see the new owner of this one here, welcome.

Register Member 829
--
1980 (1976) Mk1 Junior Cup Replica
1987 MK2 GTX
Ttechnics

Post by Ttechnics »

Yeah I'm pretty chuffed, it's not perfect but it's still in better nick than any other scirocco I've had. I might need to post this in another section but I could do with knowing how I check the boost. I've found a switch under the steering column and I've read about there being two boost settings, low and high but I've had a play about and I can't say I feel any difference. It's very quick but I'm sure it should make a noticeable difference. I could be switching the fog lights on and off for all I know, so what sort of tool do I need to check boost pressure? I have searched on't tinternet but nothing specific. Any help would be much appreciated

GTXTRA

Post by GTXTRA »

Brilliant to hear that one is still out there.

Do start a project thread on this lovely old beast.

Serial Rocco-ist.........