1984 Scirocco GTi

Discussion relating to the Scirocco 1982-1991 - - please ask technical questions in the technical/trouble shooting section
Samuel772
fill in the right answer: 15

1984 Scirocco GTi

Post by Samuel772 »

Hi all,

Bought a 1984 Scirocco GTi nearly 2 months ago now, clocks says 72k but it needs a respray!
Unfortunately I’m not able to add any photos but it is white with a black gloss body kit and 13 inch BBS RA’s. Also has the interior from a GT2.
Just had some questions regarding its originality:
1. Been told the 13 inch BBS RA’s it’s on were optional extras back in the day since I know they came on tarantulas.
2. I believe they didn’t come with body kits in 84 but been told this was also an optional extra?? It’s also been fitted extremely well so I’m not sure!
3. The interior I believe is from a GT2, does anyone know what interior it should have? Also missing the parcel shelf

Just wanted to know where to start regarding mechanical improvements for performance and reliability.

Thanks

Samuel

GTXTRA
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: 1984 Scirocco GTi

Post by GTXTRA »

Hi Samuel.

The BBS was a dealer option back in the day - they used to promote all types of aftermarket goodies from zender, bbs, kamei, votex etc etc as official accessories.
The body kit would've been fitted by a previous owner - unless in the unlikely event it was a gti that hung around the showroom when the kitted gtx appeared for the 1985 model year and the first buyer specified it this way. Very unlikely.

Check 'drivers found' website - it has all the brochures uploaded. GTIs came with a subtle check pattern in that period. http://www.driversfound.com/scirocco/history/uk/

Newton Commercial do replacement parcel shelves. http://www.newtoncomm.co.uk/cars/vw-gol ... board-kit/

-

Serial Rocco-ist.........
mark1gls

Post by mark1gls »

Welcome Samuel772, you can post pictures via tapatalk ap on a phone or if you have a flicker account you can use that as well.
Lots of info on the drivers found web site.

Is the car MOTed and running or is it a project?

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323
Samuel772
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by Samuel772 »

Thanks for the help. The car is MOTed and running

the edmundator

Post by the edmundator »

If it's the car I think it is, your dash and door cards are blue, and you should have the blue Glencheck pattern seats. These will be very hard to replace although Golf cabriolets of the same vintage would also have had this.

Register Member 829
--
1980 (1976) Mk1 Junior Cup Replica
1987 MK2 GTX