Air con in MK2

Discussion relating to the Scirocco 1982-1991 - - please ask technical questions in the technical/trouble shooting section
JuliusB
fill in the right answer: 15

Air con in MK2

Post by JuliusB »

Hallo there

I am fresh to your webpage and out of Denmark.I am about to embark on the second restoration of my '86 GTX. I have owned it since around 2000 and my last major overhaul was in 2004. I would like to retrofit an A/C system

I am on the search for a Scirocco 2 A/C vaporizer and pretty much all the stuff that goes inside the car including tubes that goes to the engine compartment. Once that is in place we will probably just build a new system around that with an electrical compressor.

I am thinking about a breaker in the US...any ideas?

Moreover, is there any threads in here on that sort of stuff?

This is what it looked liked before I took it off the streets last time....once i googled Scirocco something I found my own car that somebody put on his blog called "forsejt.dk=toocool"

http://blog.forsejt.dk/volkswagen-scirocco-1974-1982/

Cheers Julius

mr.brown

Re: Air con in MK2

Post by mr.brown »

There are a few US based Scirocco "Groups" on Facebook - Scirocco Owners Group and mk2 Scirocco Build Group are two that immediately spring to mind.

The main US Scirocco forum is on VWVortex - that might be a good place for advice too - http://forums.vwvortex.com/forumdisplay.php?13-Scirocco

JuliusB

Post by JuliusB »

Thanks. I am struggling to get an account there but seem to face IT issues all the time. Hopefully I will succeed

whiteshark
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by whiteshark »

Join the American Vwvortex. There is a specific Scirocco section. Have used it a lot with no complaints.

whiteshark
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by whiteshark »