Mk 1 Exhaust

Discussion relating to the Scirocco 1974-1981 - please ask technical questions in the technical/trouble shooting section
jimmy h
fill in the right answer: 10

Mk 1 Exhaust

Post by jimmy h »

Hi all!

I’m thinking of changing the exhaust on my Storm.
Just wondered what other folks experience is?

I’ve been looking at the stainless Jetex on heritage, but wonder if stainless is the right way to go, considering my car never gets wet! I do appreciate they can rot from the inside.

I’m looking for a nice sound, and good quality.

I want it to fit, with no mods, not bang on the floor and aesthetics are important.

Regards Jim.

mr.brown
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: Mk 1 Exhaust

Post by mr.brown »

Custom is really the only way to go. And it won't cost you all that much more than an off-the-shelf system.

My last experience was with a Powersprint system from the continent (bought from eBay.de) - it was a perfect fit - no banging. But that was a 2.25" system for an ABF engine on throttle bodies - so probably a bit overkill for a standard Storm.

I currently have the opposite end of the spectrum - a £149 Sportex "system" which consists of a back box and straight-through centre pipe - waiting to go a fairly standard carb mk1. That should sound fun :-D .

For the race car, however, I will be going custom this time.

theboysmiffy

Re: Mk 1 Exhaust

Post by theboysmiffy »

Have a Jetex 2.5” stainless on mine, not too loud, engine makes good power, the next one will be custom. Some fabricators are better than others so get recommendations, if you’re in the North East I can help. Used stainless systems crop on ebay etc and might make for a cheap option if cash is tight.

Adam