Window Scrapers

Discussion relating to the Scirocco 1974-1981 - please ask technical questions in the technical/trouble shooting section
mk1sc1r0cc0
fill in the right answer: 15

Window Scrapers

Post by mk1sc1r0cc0 »

I see that Autohaus and Vintage Rubber both in the US do these for a price and a substantial postage cost. Does anyone have a recommendation here? Anyone experienced import duties?

mr alpine92

Re: Window Scrapers

Post by mr alpine92 »

when i got a set it takes about 5-6 weeks at a cost off £150 but are good need cutting to size,i am waiting on a window scraper that i got off ebay for a VAUXHALL CORSA C,i hear they fit,i let you no how it work out if so it be a much cheper way to go

mark1gls
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by mark1gls »

How about here?
http://www.classic-vw.co.uk/mk1-scirocc ... 7950-p.asp

I think vw heritage sells them as well.

They are all aftermarket ones and need cutting down to fit as genuine ones very very hard to find.

Unlike the Mk2 Scirocco the Mk1 shares it's scrapers with golf's, You can also find a Mk1 Golf cabriolet window scraper and trim that down, golf tin top are different as they bend up at the end.

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323
mr alpine92

Post by mr alpine92 »

just to update you on the VAUXHALL CORSA C FRONT WINDOW SEALS 3 door 00-06 fit just nice i think they better then the original ones much tighter fit to the glass no water going down there know ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mark1gls
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by mark1gls »

That's good to know, I think a trip to the scrap yard is on the cards soon as my brother needs some for his Mk2.

Is it this model of Corsa?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BREAKING-VAUX ... Sw4hdXIiZV

Just to make things clear in this post the window scrapers from a corsa will only fit a Mk2 scirocco and not a Mk1 Scirocco, mk1s have completely different style of scraper as they have a metal trim which runs around the door.

Old picture of my window scrapers

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323
mr alpine92

Post by mr alpine92 »

this what you need VAUXHALL CORSA C DRIVERS SIDE OUTER FRONT DOOR WINDOW SEALS 3 door 00-06,fit just nice still need cutting,but they much longer ;-) this for mk2 not sure about mk1