MK1 Storm at 4 star classics

Discussion relating to the Scirocco 1974-1981 - please ask technical questions in the technical/trouble shooting section
Jarv
fill in the right answer: 15

MK1 Storm at 4 star classics

Post by Jarv »

Hi chaps.

Sorry if this has been discussed already but I wondered what the feeling was on this car. I'm not about to buy it but I just wondered if the car is known to members and is the price realistic? I should never have sold mine :-(

Ryan
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: MK1 Storm at 4 star classics

Post by Ryan »

Looks lovely*, but I'd be surprised if it makes anywhere near 5 figures...

*leather on the wheel looks worn for a 20k mile car

Octavia elegance kombi TDI
GTXTRA

Post by GTXTRA »

The car in question is a beauty and is well known on here - the owner is a true club stalwart in fact.

It has been the subject of several V high offers in the last couple of years - on private/direct sales as opposed to using this dealer/brokerage format.

It was offered to the club five years ago and the current owner was 'next in the queue' for where we were being approached by people looking to dispose of old family cars such as this. One of the benefits of being a paid up member and supporting events etc etc and, hey presto, you get first dibs on a Mk1.

It was at that point a true one owner car, not used for years after the original owner had passed away - it's a sub 20k miles Mk1 Storm in original (not restored to within an inch of it's life or bodged up by some random) condition. Where else are you going to get one?

The website in question is well known for selling all sorts of top condition cars - I 'assume' that they agree a price with the owner and then sell on for what they can get in excess of the agreed sum. Shock horror, that's how business operates. They sold a 77GLS for £14k in late 2013 and offered £12k against another well known Storm this time last year (deal never went through in that instance - it was being traded in against a quattro but someone else moved in on the Audi before the deal was done).

Personally I wish I had gone for it myself back in '09 and, by now, stuck another 15k miles on the clock - but if you want one of the most original and probably lowest mileage Mk1's of any kind in the UK then this is the one to go for.

Serial Rocco-ist.........
jimmy h

Post by jimmy h »

Also, at that price, it is an absolute bargain, a drop in the ocean. *cough* the money I've spent on mine! :-o :-o ;-)

mark1gls

Post by mark1gls »

jimmy h wrote:Also, at that price, it is an absolute bargain, a drop in the ocean. *cough* the money I've spent on mine! :-o :-o ;-)
I expect yours is in better condition as yours is a minter. I've never seen a car so clean and tidy :good:

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323