Mk1 louvre

Discussion relating to the Scirocco 1974-1981 - please ask technical questions in the technical/trouble shooting section
mark1gls
fill in the right answer: 10

Mk1 louvre

Post by mark1gls »

Any one fancy a louvre for their MK1? Not mine and a bit out of my price range for a bit of plastic...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vw-Mk1-Sciroc ... 6016.l4276

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323
ianaudia4
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: Mk1 louvre

Post by ianaudia4 »

An absolute outrageous price for what is a cheap copy of a quality Kamei item!

1984 MK2 Havanna brown Storm
1989 MK2 Alpine white Scala injection
2006 Audi A4 3.0TDI quattro (the beast)
Grindon
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by Grindon »

I've got one of those sitting in my garage, unused.

Agree that's taking the water, but's what a realistic price? btw - I have another one that I bought from the USA (again new and unused), this one is metal and has 'Shadow' as an emblem in the corner.

I also have a Trailblazer perspex rear name panel thingy for a MK1 - red with black Scirocco lettering.

Sadly I no longer have a Mk1, so I would like to sell but have no idea what price to ask (I will no doubt have to do eBay but hate the place).

Cheers,

Kevin

What do you mean 'what am I thinking'? If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I'd be talking!
Dr. Dub

Post by Dr. Dub »

I always think of a Cylon Raider when I see louvres.

Maybe the seller is a Cylon centurion? :swoon:

Currently without a car (long story)
Previous rides. 2x 89 Scirocco GTs & 84 Storm
ianaudia4

Post by ianaudia4 »

Grindon wrote:I've got one of those sitting in my garage, unused.

Agree that's taking the water, but's what a realistic price? btw - I have another one that I bought from the USA (again new and unused), this one is metal and has 'Shadow' as an emblem in the corner.

I also have a Trailblazer perspex rear name panel thingy for a MK1 - red with black Scirocco lettering.

Sadly I no longer have a Mk1, so I would like to sell but have no idea what price to ask (I will no doubt have to do eBay but hate the place).

Cheers,

Kevin
Why bother with Ebay when your target audience (and potential buyer) is here? Stick it up in the 'For sale' section and ask what you would like for it, if it doesn't sell you know you are asking too much.

I had a Scirocco reflective rear panel on my first MK1 back in the mid '80's when I lived in West Germany, it was made by Kamei and came with the number plate relocating kit (including lights). I think I paid 80 DM from the local branch of Henschels (a German version of Halfords but so much better!), which at the time was less than £30.
They do look good, even to a fan of standard as I am.

1984 MK2 Havanna brown Storm
1989 MK2 Alpine white Scala injection
2006 Audi A4 3.0TDI quattro (the beast)