mk1 chassy number?

Discussion relating to the Scirocco 1974-1981 - please ask technical questions in the technical/trouble shooting section
sciroccogls
fill in the right answer: 15

mk1 chassy number?

Post by sciroccogls »

Well I have a 79 'rocco and the black chassy plate is beside the bonnet catch, my dads golf also has a chassy number infront off th winshield on the water tray , and my jetta also has it there , I was wondering is it also printed somewhere else on my 'rocco? Thanks :help:

Winston
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: mk1 chassy number?

Post by Winston »

My 79 is stamped on top of the suspension turret.

sciroccogls
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by sciroccogls »

Its not there anywhere... Ill have to look again but is there anywhere else it might be stamped?

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Chassis :whistle:

Octavia elegance kombi TDI
mark1gls

Post by mark1gls »

My 1978 GLS its also stamped on the drivers side suspension turret only, near the strut top mount.
There is another number on a plate near the bonnet catch but thats not the chassy number.

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323
Phil

Post by Phil »

mark1gls wrote:My 1978 GLS its also stamped on the drivers side suspension turret only, near the strut top mount.
There is another number on a plate near the bonnet catch but thats not the chassy number.
My '78 is also on the drivers side turret only, had a right argument with the guy at the MOT testing station about it as he insisted it was missing a plate near the bonnet catch which should have a chassis number on it.

@mark1gls I also have a plate by the catch with other numbers on out of interest what numbers are yours and do you know what they refer to? I always presumed trim codes or something but not sure.

Audi A6 Avant 3.0TDI Le Mans
'78 Scirocco GLi Brazil Brown

mark1gls

Post by mark1gls »

I'll have a look and see what my numbers are. I dont know what they are there for....
I know on my Golf there is a black plate with info on it, things like weight, towing weight and chassy number.
There is also another plate next to it with numbers pressed up from the back like on the Scirocco.

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323