MK1 Storm on Ebay

Discussion relating to the Scirocco 1974-1981 - please ask technical questions in the technical/trouble shooting section
bensspares
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: MK1 Storm on Ebay

Post by bensspares »

I can vouch for 1 of the black/brown storms being crushed in the early 90's.......was in a breakers yard in leicester. I took the fuel pump off it whilst wondering who could have possibly scrapped this, untill I had a good look at the rear beam mounts and sills. All became clear. Nowadays, a MK1 with so little rust would be a godsend lol.

Also, there was a black/brown storm in Kent in the early 0tys, it was on a V plate. it was in very poor condition with a chancer asking stupid money,

The thing with the Storm models is that a lot of people think that because it had the word STORM on the tailgate its worth double what it actually is.

If it is not broken, Do not fix it !!!
Bonusrocco

Post by Bonusrocco »

lots of crazy prices of late - what do they actually sell for???????

So many plans, so little time
ianaudia4
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by ianaudia4 »

Talking to my mate yesterday who worked for VW in the 70's and early 80's, knows everything about VW/Audi. He said his brother had an early Storm with a 4 speed box and was a silver-green colour. Unfortunally that was written off 20 years ago when someone T-boned him!

1984 MK2 Havanna brown Storm
1989 MK2 Alpine white Scala injection
2006 Audi A4 3.0TDI quattro (the beast)
Rich_Rocco

Post by Rich_Rocco »

SCIROCCOSILBERFEDER wrote: The first 10 storms imported to the UK all ran 4 speed boxes. :chill:
Mine is a 1979 4 speed so must be one of the first 10 :)
SCIROCCOSILBERFEDER wrote: I went to see a green storm once, colour on the logbook was Silver because the actual colour of the green storm is in fact Silver-Green.
yep mine has "Silver/Green" on the logbook but when you look it up on the dvla website it says "Silver"

Really need to get around to changing it to just "Green"

If it's got tits or tyres it's trouble but I always go back for more.
SCIROCCOSILBERFEDER

Post by SCIROCCOSILBERFEDER »

Rich_Rocco wrote:
SCIROCCOSILBERFEDER wrote: The first 10 storms imported to the UK all ran 4 speed boxes. :chill:
Mine is a 1979 4 speed so must be one of the first 10 :)
SCIROCCOSILBERFEDER wrote: I went to see a green storm once, colour on the logbook was Silver because the actual colour of the green storm is in fact Silver-Green.
yep mine has "Silver/Green" on the logbook but when you look it up on the dvla website it says "Silver"

Really need to get around to changing it to just "Green"
Hey Rich!

GIT is all I can say, your storm is earlier than one of mine by 11 days :hehe: :buddy:

KR

SSF

paulc1967

Post by paulc1967 »

Just seen this. As someone who bought a Mk 1 Storm new in 1980 and still having the sales brochure for the Storm specifically - it was a single sheet dated 1.2.80 - I can assure you the car was available then in only two colours - metallic black and silver green metallic. Knowing they were in short supply, I initially ordered a black one. I visited the showroom to be shown the finished 'black' and I can assure you it was a very dark brown. Combined with its fawn leather, I cancelled the order and went with the green plus black leather combination. The car has been featured a couple of times in various mags over the years and I guess I am the only one owner around. Incidentally to put that price in context, I still have the original quote from Goodliffe Garages in Croydon for £6504 with 12.5pc discount.
Finally, the 5 speed box was introduced over here back end of '79. I had seen a 4 speed and wasn't going to have one. I happened to attend the Scottish motor show that year and the first GLI with a 5 speed was on show. I took delivery of mine in Dec '80.
Paul.