Introduce yourself

General discussion focusing mainly on the cars and the Scirocco Register - other stuff within reason.
Forum rules
This is a GENERAL discussion area - we have set up specific areas for eg technical queries, model specific issues etc etc to help you get the right answer quicker.
Phantom
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by Phantom »

No photos as yet.
Plans are to restore both cars in time.

Eagle1

Post by Eagle1 »

Hi, I've recently joined. I owned a Mk1 Auto in brown a few years ago. We picked up an 86 GT Auto earlier this year. It's been off the road for around 7 years. We've got it running and will do more work over the winter. Mileage is around 58,000. It also joins our family of Mk2 Golfs and some Odd aircooled stuff.

GTXTRA
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by GTXTRA »

Big welcome to the recent new folk on here.

Serial Rocco-ist.........
mark1gls

Post by mark1gls »

Eagle1 wrote:Hi, I've recently joined. I owned a Mk1 Auto in brown a few years ago. We picked up an 86 GT Auto earlier this year. It's been off the road for around 7 years. We've got it running and will do more work over the winter. Mileage is around 58,000. It also joins our family of Mk2 Golfs and some Odd aircooled stuff.
Hello Eagle1, where about in the country are you? We do have a national meet near Telford in August, free to go and always a good place to chat Sciroccos etc, nearly 100 Sciroccos there this year so plenty so see. Non club members also welcome.

If you need any advice help etc we are always happy to help. :-D

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323
Oyo

Post by Oyo »

Hi All,

I registered last year when I decided it was time to upgrade from my passat to a little more excitement.

I travel quite a bit, and I wanted a sporty little number to take me up and down the motorway in style, compact and powerful.

I got tired of taking trains and lugging my tools and clothes across the country- so on my birthday last year I treated myself to my first real car.

I must confess I only really started driving in 2013, at a good old age of 35. You do the maths. It's not a midlife crisis- honest.

I love my rocco and I apologise for messing up the forum by asking about a bonnet replacement- but I never have free time to get on forums and I was desperate.

I also must add, that thanks to you guys I got my hinges and immediate support- so, thanks for that!

I have much to say about life, the universe and everything... The day my bonnet flew open was several days after my birthday this year, after which I bought another car- a modest polo hatchback 1L which will see me on the mongol rally next year. I would have loved to go in the rocco, but... engine is too big.

Anyhow- the polo died half way home, and the police made a meal of me- but perhaps he treated me to a birthday present by not wiping away my license entirely for all number of mishaps.

Driving is my life and my home is on the road.

My aspirations to work with engines are all being met through my old bangers, so I am very pleased of my achievements so far..

and my name is iola

here is my rocco and me:

https://flic.kr/p/CGT1nm

MRMENDER

Post by MRMENDER »

Welcome along Oyo
If you are still after a bonnet put a advert in the wanted section I am sure somebody will have what you want

sciroccas

Post by sciroccas »

Hello scirocco family! It's pleasure to be part of it.
I am from Lithuania, but currently living in UK. One of the most important reasons why I came to UK is because the classic car culture
That is my scirocco GT2 modified to 2.0 16v itb
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GTXTRA

Post by GTXTRA »

Welcome 'sciroccoas' - yes, a good environment for those who appreciate an older motor.

Serial Rocco-ist.........
MRMENDER

Post by MRMENDER »

Welcome sciroccoas

R32 james

Introduce yourself

Post by R32 james »

Hi guys just thought i would introduce my self I’m james and I’m a vw nut. I will be getting a Mk2 scirocco off a friend in a couple of months and I’m doing a big conversion on it! I’ve just stripped my Mk1 golf that I have built and enjoyed over the last few years ive sold the shell but kept everything else to put into the scirocco and I can wait here are some pics of my Mk1 golf so you can figure out what will be going into the scirocco.ImageImageImageImage
Last edited by R32 james on Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mark1gls

Post by mark1gls »

Hello James and welcome, as with many forums now photobuckets does not work unless you pay them lots of money to host your pictures on other websites, either use a tapatalk app or another picture hosting site like flicker etc.
I think there is a thread on here about different sites to host/post pictures and I think you can post pic directly onto the site in full editor mode?

Was your car on the Mk1 golf forum?

Membership No. 323
R32 james

Post by R32 james »

mark1gls wrote:Hello James and welcome, as with many forums now photobuckets does not work unless you pay them lots of money to host your pictures on other websites, either use a tapatalk app or another picture hosting site like flicker etc.
I think there is a thread on here about different sites to host/post pictures and I think you can post pic directly onto the site in full editor mode?

Was your car on the Mk1 golf forum?

Thanks was wondering why they wouldn’t post up will sort it now .

R32 james

Post by R32 james »

Pics working now :)

mark1gls

Post by mark1gls »

Pictures working now.
Yes that’s the car I saw on the Mk1 golf forum, that’s 1 beast of a car, are you planning the same thing in a Mk2 Scirocco?

If so it should be more fun as the Scirocco has a lower center of gravity and I find you slide into a Scirocco and a Mk1 Golf you seem to sit on it with the higher driving position and a front windscreen in a near upright position.

Membership No. 323
R32 james

Post by R32 james »

mark1gls wrote:Pictures working now.
Yes that’s the car I saw on the Mk1 golf forum, that’s 1 beast of a car, are you planning the same thing in a Mk2 Scirocco?

If so it should be more fun as the Scirocco has a lower center of gravity and I find you slide into a Scirocco and a Mk1 Golf you seem to sit on it with the higher driving position and a front windscreen in a near upright position.
Yep everything from the golf will be going into the scirocco can’t wait to get started :)