New Purchase

General discussion focusing mainly on the cars and the Scirocco Register - other stuff within reason.
Forum rules
This is a GENERAL discussion area - we have set up specific areas for eg technical queries, model specific issues etc etc to help you get the right answer quicker.
BillyBob780
fill in the right answer: 15

New Purchase

Post by BillyBob780 »

Ive just took possession of a 59 plate 2.0 tdi Scirocco GT as y every day car. Sweet as a nut with DSG.
One question ... the owner had diasbled controls fitted to the steering wheel which has caused parts of the wheel to be compacted where it was clamped.
Does anyone have anu ideas to return the wheel back ?

Cheers

unknownmale

Re: New Purchase

Post by unknownmale »

Maybe try a hairdryer on it?

- David
haddock_n_chips

Post by haddock_n_chips »

Firstly welcome!

Secondly majority of people on here will have Mk1 or MK2 scirocco's but dont let that deter you! We welcome all with VW finest Coupe, I'd love a MK3!

Cant help with your question but point you in the direction of Facebook various MK3 owners pages. You may get more help there

Please Please Please come along to our National Meet in August! We really love the MK3 Rocco and welcome you all.

BillyBob780

Post by BillyBob780 »

Cheers Im not new its just another addition!! Im hoping now my Mk2 is back from the bodyshop ill finish putting it back together !! Its been eight months or so since I removed the sunroof to renovate it..... i wish I'd took photos and marked the bits !!! Oh well....

mark1gls
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by mark1gls »

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323
mr.brown

Post by mr.brown »

As mentioned above, try a hairdryer and also a portable steamer if you have one - although make sure you cover anything electrical nearby.