Mars red GTi spotted on Preloved

General discussion focusing mainly on the cars and the Scirocco Register - other stuff within reason.
Forum rules
This is a GENERAL discussion area - we have set up specific areas for eg technical queries, model specific issues etc etc to help you get the right answer quicker.
Reverend Frog
fill in the right answer: 15

Mars red GTi spotted on Preloved

Post by Reverend Frog »

Stumbled across this. The ad is 85 days old, but this car wasn't mentioned on here (or was it?) and might be an interesting project for someone if it hasn't sold yet?

April 1982, scruffy but complete, not silly money

Here it is (link is to the advert itself referred to on Preloved as it contains more pictures)

There are another couple of ancient adverts on there that are still displayed, that I enjoyed browsing even if they're now irrelevant!

This poor 1.5CL that's been sprayed luminous green
A-reg silver GTI project (cat not included)
and another Mars red GTI

Previously owned:
1988 1.6 GT
1989 1.8 GT
1982 1.6 GTI
1993 Corrado VR6
the edmundator
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Mars red GTi spotted on Preloved

Post by the edmundator »

Yes, I find that website really difficult to use as it's hard (impossible?) to see how old an ad is, so you've no idea whether it's worth inquiring about a car. That latest red GTI looks like a rot box, despite what the seller says.

Register Member 829
--
1980 (1976) Mk1 Junior Cup Replica
1987 MK2 GTX
BlackGTX

Post by BlackGTX »

some of the prices for gt2s on there, injection cars seem to be cheaper

Reverend Frog

Post by Reverend Frog »

the edmundator wrote:Yes, I find that website really difficult to use as it's hard (impossible?) to see how old an ad is, so you've no idea whether it's worth inquiring about a car. That latest red GTI looks like a rot box, despite what the seller says.
I think my old GTI, may it rust in peace, wasn't far off as bad as that, just a bit cleaner so it looked more presentable. It was rotten in the rear arches and rear valance too. And somehow, God knows how, had an MOT.

On second inspection there is an advert age infographic in the 'additional information' underneath the ad text. And yes the adverts are all hundreds of days old. Ah well.

Previously owned:
1988 1.6 GT
1989 1.8 GT
1982 1.6 GTI
1993 Corrado VR6
the edmundator
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by the edmundator »

BlackGTX wrote:some of the prices for gt2s on there, injection cars seem to be cheaper
I think that's because there are more low-mileage, low-owners GTIIs around, so they tend to be in better condition.

Register Member 829
--
1980 (1976) Mk1 Junior Cup Replica
1987 MK2 GTX