help to value my mk1 storm?

General discussion focusing mainly on the cars and the Scirocco Register - other stuff within reason.
Forum rules
This is a GENERAL discussion area - we have set up specific areas for eg technical queries, model specific issues etc etc to help you get the right answer quicker.
Rich_Rocco
fill in the right answer: 10

help to value my mk1 storm?

Post by Rich_Rocco »

firstly: apologies if posts of this nature arent allowed (i know some forums from upon it)
and further apologies if its in the wrong section (i figured that id get a faster response in here)

anyway... to the painful part...

I've decided (for definite this time) to part ways with my 1979 storm but have no idea what a fair price would be for it
i'm not looking to add a load of "scene tax" too it and end up never selling it because its too expensive but I also dont want to rob myself.

major details about the car and work done on it can be found in my "build thread" here: viewtopic.php?t=11068

but in short
its mechanically sound, starts, runs and stops as it should. fuel and brake lines have been renewed as has the fuel filler and tank.
the body work is in really good shape (all major rust removal and welding sorted out) the only thing that lets it down is the paint job (matt green rattle can)
its done just over 100,000 miles
interior is full black leather and in very good condition (some wearing and cracks on the drivers seat but thats about as bad as it gets)
will have full MOT at time of sale (currently sorn but flew through last mot)

it currently looks like this:

anyway...
let me know if ive missed anything important
i'll be putting a proper for sale thread up asap

huge thanks in advance!

If it's got tits or tyres it's trouble but I always go back for more.
the edmundator

Re: help to value my mk1 storm?

Post by the edmundator »

Hard to say, really, but with a full MoT I'd expect it to make around £2000-£3000 in an eBay auction.

Register Member 829
--
1980 (1976) Mk1 Junior Cup Replica
1987 MK2 GTX
Rich_Rocco

Post by Rich_Rocco »

avoiding ebay at all costs (selling my mk2 golf on there turned out to be a minefield of idiots and timewasters)

but thanks for the input :)

GTXTRA

Post by GTXTRA »

A well worded -format friendly- advert on here and on retro rides plus linking to the Facebook groups, not just ours, will shift that. Edition38 or club GTI forums too.
Agree with Ed re the pricing.

Serial Rocco-ist.........
Lukeh17
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by Lukeh17 »

Hi the car looks lovely... may try carandclassic.co.uk. Seen a few Mk1's on there and were on there for good money too.

Rich_Rocco

Post by Rich_Rocco »

im most likely just going to stick to advertising it here and edition.
ive taken next week off work so i'll be getting it out of the garage and sprucing it up/checking it over and getting an MOT then composing an ad to suit

many thanks again folks :)