Ian Croucher - ianaudia4

General discussion focusing mainly on the cars and the Scirocco Register - other stuff within reason.
Forum rules
This is a GENERAL discussion area - we have set up specific areas for eg technical queries, model specific issues etc etc to help you get the right answer quicker.
GTXTRA
fill in the right answer: 10

Ian Croucher - ianaudia4

Post by GTXTRA »

As some of you may already know we've received the terrible news that Ian Croucher passed away recently.

Under his forum name ianaudia4 Ian has become a really good mate to a lot of us on here - I'd seen him twice myself in the last month for typically amusing drinks and a car fixing morning and there is many a member on here who will have benefited directly from his knowledge and enthusiasm for all things VW and his willingness to help people out.

It appears he's suffered a massive heart attack - Petegli has spoken to his parents today. I am also in touch via messages with the lovely Chamila who Ian was due to be moving in with very soon having also started a new job in the Barnet area.

We understand that a military funeral is being arranged for Tuesday, 16th December, but no time has yet been set.

It will take the form of a church service at the St Mary at Latton Church, Harlow, (where Ian was christened), followed by a drive across town to Harlow Cemetery.

Pete will be phoning Ian's parents towards the end of the coming week, for an update on the funeral arrangements.

We will be sending an email to the club membership too later - there are a lot of non forum users who would know Ian well too.

I will definitely be attending on the 16th - Peter or I will continue to update this saddest of threads.

Feel free to add any personal reactions or memories of the big man on here - I'm sure the family and all loved ones will appreciate them.

Serial Rocco-ist.........
chopperoli

Re: Ian Croucher - ianaudia4

Post by chopperoli »

very sad to hear this

marcus

Post by marcus »

I don't know what to say, so sad to hear of this.

I never met Ian but had many exchanges with him on the forum and spoke with him on the phone when we were trying to get the Reverend Frog's Mk2 ready to go to NI.

My condolences to all those who were close to him.

Sad day.

1985 GTL 1.8

Member number 928 (wish I had one)
agazaka

Post by agazaka »

That's very sad and unexpected news.

My condolences to everyone who knew him, new girlfriend I met at National Meeting and family.

He was considering buying my Scirocco Gti... we're exchanged some messages recently.

Agnes

Used to drive: Scirocco mk2 GTI 1983, Scirocco mk3 2.0 TSI DSG Viper Green, Scirocco mk2 1982 GT 1.6 (european version), Scirocco mk2 1982 GT 1.8 (european version),
EdwinCrezee
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by EdwinCrezee »

Very sad news, we just met last august and had a nice evening at the pub and hotel.
Our condolances go out to his relatives and friends.
Edwin and Eveline

jonGTX

Post by jonGTX »

Very sad to hear this, had a few chats with him at an Inters or two and at the Nationals, especially sorting a few niggly issues on my old mk2, the words font of knowledge are not quite enough, he will be missed

My deepest sympathies to the relatives and friends

Rocco Mafia Car of Choice 2010
1989 Helios Blue Scala 16v *sold*
1994 Mulberry Corrado VR6 *sold*
1991 Tornado Red Scala GTi Engineering RE2000 8V *sold*
1991 VW Polo G40 *sold*
1990 Pearl Green Scala
2020 VW Polo GTi
stys0n84
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by stys0n84 »

Horrible news. I didn't really know him but he helped me a lot with my Scala, was always helpful and patient and extremely knowledgeable.

Start off slow and methodical, that doesn't work so shout curse and hit it till it works.

Nate

Post by Nate »

i've known Ian on here for years, and met him at quite a few meets and shows.

he had an amazing knowledge of and passion for the scirocco and was only too willing to help anyone who needed it, be it offering guidance on the forum or meeting up and getting hands on. i'm sure there are many on here (myself included) who were helped out with a problem they couldn't sort thanks to Ian. i'm sure he will be very much missed by everyone in the 'rocco community.

thoughts go out to his family

the edmundator

Post by the edmundator »

Very sad news, Ian will be greatly missed by all of the Scirocco Register regulars, I'm sure. My sympathies to his family, I hope they find some comfort in the high regard and fond memories we have of the man.

Register Member 829
--
1980 (1976) Mk1 Junior Cup Replica
1987 MK2 GTX
dale

Post by dale »

we are so shocked and sad at the news of mr ian, he was awesome fun at the meets and shows and so helpful to me and my roccos,
we ll most of all miss the john smiths top bombing in the pool at the national, it just wont be the same again. :-(

Redrum

Post by Redrum »

Very sad news. I'm working at the moment but I will look through and upload some of my pictures of Ian at the various meets I saw him.
Condolences to his family.

SYNCRO

Post by SYNCRO »

Crap...... Sorry to hear thus being ex military myself. Ian and I would banter each other all day. He will be sorely missed both in the Military and on the Rocco scene. My condolences to his family :(

1984 T25 Autohomes Kamper (BIFFA)
1987 Scirocco Scala (TERRY)
2014 Golf GT TDi (Dirty Gerty)
Bill

Post by Bill »

Very sad news, A Lovely chap and always willing to help anyone out, the show stands will be empty in a lot of ways without him.

jxp

Post by jxp »

Sad news, a great fella. Helped me out quite a bit on his weekends back up in th North East.

1985 MK2 Flash Silver GTX 1.8 8v
2002 Passat 1.9 TDI 130BHP
mark1gls

Post by mark1gls »

Such sad news, he will be missed on here and at the shows and meets. Ian was a Gent and seemed to know everything there was to know about Scirocco's including all those vacuum hoses.
My sympathies to his family and friends...

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323