Anyone know this car? New owner.

General discussion focusing mainly on the cars and the Scirocco Register - other stuff within reason.
Forum rules
This is a GENERAL discussion area - we have set up specific areas for eg technical queries, model specific issues etc etc to help you get the right answer quicker.
Eigdoog
fill in the right answer: 15

Anyone know this car? New owner.

Post by Eigdoog »

Hello all!

So im new here and just got a mk2 scala. It has a sticker in the window with this website so hoping to find out a little more about it.

Number plate is G462 DVP.

Cant figure out how to upload pictures just yet.

I hope to be replacing lots of rubbers and things but cant seem to find a good site to buy from as euro car parts is a little naff. Any help on this too please.

Cheers!

Jack92
Site Admin

Re: Anyone know this car? New owner.

Post by Jack92 »

Eigdoog wrote:Hello all!

So im new here and just got a mk2 scala. It has a sticker in the window with this website so hoping to find out a little more about it.

Number plate is G462 DVP.

Cant figure out how to upload pictures just yet.

I hope to be replacing lots of rubbers and things but cant seem to find a good site to buy from as euro car parts is a little naff. Any help on this too please.

Cheers!
Hey buddy,

Welcome to the site first of all. Its a great place with loads of great people.
Afraid I don’t know who the previous owner was but someone might have an idea.

As for replacement parts, there are lots floating around the forum. For example I have a whole car which I’m currently breaking.

As for new bits likes seals etc I’d recommend giving a user called blueshark a pm (his name is joost) he can get most things.

Another one is essextom who is the owner of dreadnought customs.

There is a guy called mark carter over at classic Vw

And also Vw heritage is a good place to look.

Anyway hope that gives you a good starting point but any questions just throw up a post and someone will definitely get back to you :-)

Jack
South East

VW Scirocco Scala MK2 1.8 Inj
Jaguar XE

www.jackgregory.me.uk
mr.brown

Post by mr.brown »

Useful places to buy parts

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=21024

mark1gls
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by mark1gls »

Welcome Eigdoog, Don't think I know the car but to post up a picture can use the full editor mode and theres an attachments tag on the bottom to add your pictures,
or if you have a flicker or similar account (photobucket no longer works)copy the IMG code and paste it in your post,
or if you download the tapatalk ap on your phone and use that for pictures you can upload pictures that way as well.

Some of the rubbers on the Mk2 are no longer avaible but there is a few companies which have remade them, post up a wanted ad and if any one breaking a car may have what you need or if you are after new rubbers what bit's do you need?

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323
Eigdoog

Post by Eigdoog »

Thanks for the link, ill have a good look and see whats about.

It was more of boots for the steering rack (all 3) and mounts for roll bars and such. Not really sure what im after just yet till i have a really good look around.

Eigdoog

Post by Eigdoog »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eigdoog

Post by Eigdoog »

Guess it would also be good to ask, Does much from the mk1 fit the mk2? Seems more mk1 items about.

Village Idiots
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by Village Idiots »

Both models were built on the same floor plan, this is the same as on Mk1 Golfs. Because Golfs are more popular, personally I can't see why I prefer the exclusivity of the Sciroccos, there are lots of parts available re running gear, etc. E-bay is a good source of odd bits, also Crazy Quiff's Mk1 Emporiun.

Eigdoog

Post by Eigdoog »

Cheers, I'm finding my way around a little better now on where to get things.

Taking it in the workshop this week to restore whats needed.

Hoping ill find the owner or anyone who knows this car, doesn't seem to be active members on here though.