What wheels to get??

Standard and aftermarket Wheels and Tyres
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
G17HYN
fill in the right answer: 15

What wheels to get??

Post by G17HYN »

I don't know what wheels to get for my rocco I'm thinking 14s but was thinking when i lower the car will It be too close to the floor I.e sump?? And does 15s give you a nose bleed because your to high??

Help please :hugegrin:

Also any makes you think would look good on a rocco don't really want to be spending stupid amounts on bbs splits etc, was thinking more like Ronals or borbets???

Old v.ws don't leak...... They just mark their spot
Mr Funk

Re: What wheels to get??

Post by Mr Funk »

Fella I run 16" borbet ts and I'm still lower than Jordan's morals. Plus I don't have to worry (too) much about raised manhole covers

Head of Complaints - Big Pie Cartel
If it sounds like it's naughty, it probably is.
the edmundator
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: What wheels to get??

Post by the edmundator »

The diameter of the wheel shouldn't make a difference to your ride-height if you do it correctly, as you'd fit lower profile tyres to maintain broadly the same rolling radius. There are plenty of tyre sizing tools on the web to help you work out what ought to be fitted to any replacement wheels of your choice.

Register Member 829
--
1980 (1976) Mk1 Junior Cup Replica
1987 MK2 GTX