Wheels

Standard and aftermarket Wheels and Tyres
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
djw766
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Wheels

Post by djw766 »

Managed to take a look around B&Q earlier - the wheel that attaches to the drill I mentioned in an earlier post is made by Oakey. It is in the area where the sand paper is - don't know what world i was visiting when i thought it was in the bathroom stuff - hey ho!! Anyway its like a really course scotchbrite and the packaging says its for paint/varnish removal but found that it works a treat for getting rid of some of the more stubborn areas that were on the wheels. So its a scotchbrite wheel with a silver centre and a spindle poking out the back of the packaging so that you can attach it to your drill. Use that as required, then through the various grades of paper then the stuff from 'the polishing shop' to get the finish you want. Just a word of caution - try not to stay on one specific area for too long with the scotchbrite wheels/polishing mops as you'll find you start to make a 'dip' in the surface. Hope this helps a bit more.

isaidthephil
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Wheels

Post by isaidthephil »

If your still after a set of steels to clean up I have a full set with the plastic lip. No tires but you can have them for free.