ATS Cups

Standard and aftermarket Wheels and Tyres
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
Beddo88

ATS Cups

Post by Beddo88 »

Hi all,

I've basically fallen in love with these wheels, even though they are likely to bankrupt me. Does anyone have any pictures of a white car running ATS cups? And is it true that they used to be used for the old VW race series?

If anyone could fill me in on the vagaries of fitment that would also be amazing! (would be looking at getting 15s if at all!)

Cheers,
Dan

daveyg

Re: ATS Cups

Post by daveyg »

I cant help you with the pictures, i believe someone had some for sale recently on here. In 15" they come in a variety of widths, 7j are the most common and are available in two offsets, 28 and possibly 20. They also come in a few other widths which are much more uncommon, 6j and ive also seen 9j but these were mega bucks and would require arch rolling to even contemplate them on a mk2. Nice wheels though, good luck in your hunt

DT1
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by DT1 »

Like these? http://sciroccoregisterforum.co.uk/carf ... =5&t=10620

No pictures of white cars.

GTXTRA

Post by GTXTRA »

here you go!

Serial Rocco-ist.........
whiteshark

Post by whiteshark »

Dan. I have to agree. I have a set of Mille Miglias on mine, they are very light and suit the period of the car, but the ATS cups look the dogs bollocks on a white Scirocco!!

Beddo88

Post by Beddo88 »

Those (above) look the dogs bollocks!!

I'm basically sold. I think, (unless we can convince cheaper 6.5 x 14s in the meantime) I want to go for 15 x 7 ATS cups, but as specced this depend on the weheel.again again on what depends n watchging.

:) happy faces eh :)

Beddo88

Post by Beddo88 »

And this is why I shouldn't be allowed to use a computer after a heavy night!! Does anyone know which PCD would be best to fit the rocco? I believ the standard (snowflakes) are 28?

I love them!! Time to start saving...

goaferboy

Post by goaferboy »

ATS Cups are my wheel of choice too. I had some on my old Scala (RIP). I'm still contemplating whether or not to get some for my current GT2.

GTXTRA

Post by GTXTRA »

the 28's will do the trick.

20 will 'fit' but make the car very twitch on front end -

this car, now owned by rick84, had a set of e20 cups on at one time -

Serial Rocco-ist.........
Beddo88

Post by Beddo88 »

As usual I'm amazed at the wealth of knowledge on here!

So.. 7 x 15 et 28's it is. Best get saving!! lol

Retroreject

Post by Retroreject »

I've just got a set for my GT2... Managed to find a seller local to me, who had them up for £240 including tyres..
thought "flip that's cheap" and went and got them. Very happy with the wheels, but stupidly forgot to check
what tyres they had on them. They were fitted with 195 55 15's, which while they filled the arches (on standard
suspension) rubbed like a bitch going over any bump and i couldn't turn the car on full lock with out rubbing...in short,
un-drivable.

Lesson learnt the expensive way!. Had to fork out other £200 for tyres...195 45 15's fit perfectly.. i now need to
do some subtle lowering as its sitting a bit high!

Pic as requested. Mine are a little different, having had the centre painted black..was going to re-furb..but hey...
i find myself shouting "hell yes"! while driving by looking in shop windows :hugegrin: and why be the same as everyone else anyway!

1990 Silver Grey Metalic GT2 1.8 8V
1986 1600 Gt