Rear Spoiler

Bodyshell and Panels; Fittings; Dashboards; Interiors; Bumpers; Light clusters front and rear (non electrical queries) Grilles and brightwork; Repairs including to bulkhead due to clutch cable pulling through
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
ridinggod

Rear Spoiler

Post by ridinggod »

Working through my 89 Scala project has brought me to the rear Spoiler I seem to remember back when i had my first one in 90 my Spoiler being nice shiny and black ( It was oly two years old then )
Anyone know if these were painted ? if so anyone done one ?
Cheers

Wayne

the edmundator
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Rear Spoiler

Post by the edmundator »

They were never shiny or painted... at least not the most common sort found on all scalas, GTIIs and bodykitted GTs (which is the kind your '90 car would have had). They are essentially porous, so I'm not sure they'd take paint well.

Register Member 829
--
1980 (1976) Mk1 Junior Cup Replica
1987 MK2 GTX
Mr Funk

Post by Mr Funk »

I used brake cleaner or that vinyl cleaner you get from halfords. Blackens it up a treat.

Head of Complaints - Big Pie Cartel
If it sounds like it's naughty, it probably is.
ridinggod

Post by ridinggod »

No mine was as shiny as a shiny thing and i used to use autoglym trim gel on it
It was as described a rubber soft porus afair but had some kind of shiny flexible coating on it
Anyone ?