Cracked dash replace - who has done it?

Bodyshell and Panels; Fittings; Dashboards; Interiors; Bumpers; Light clusters front and rear (non electrical queries) Grilles and brightwork; Repairs including to bulkhead due to clutch cable pulling through
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
frlrubett
fill in the right answer: 15

Cracked dash replace - who has done it?

Post by frlrubett »

Have been offered a great condition dash which has been sitting out of a car for the last fifteen years gathering dust. Am tempted as my dash has the cracking and also someone has glued a horrible VW badge in the middle of it!

I would not undertake this alone but have someone in the know do the job. They could do the odometer and dashboard lights while they were at it which is another thing on the list. After the job is done, car would be garaged and used about 2k a year maximum.

How big is this job and what should I expect to pay for it to be done? Has anyone had a replacement dash re crack! ?

Thanks

unknownmale
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: Cracked dash replace - who has done it?

Post by unknownmale »

You can do this yourself, you don't need two people, if you do get a garage to do this for you, it'll depend on the garages knowledge and hourly rate both of which vary greatly.

- David
james butler
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Cracked dash replace - who has done it?

Post by james butler »

I dont mind project cars but I HATE SANDING!!!