interiors

Bodyshell and Panels; Fittings; Dashboards; Interiors; Bumpers; Light clusters front and rear (non electrical queries) Grilles and brightwork; Repairs including to bulkhead due to clutch cable pulling through
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
Dublass
fill in the right answer: 15

interiors

Post by Dublass »

Hey guys so my GTX has been off the road since January :( and i have just booked it into the body shop for after christmas woo! Just wandering if there are any seats out there (front and back) that go straight in? toying with the idea of changing rather than repairing :/

GTXTRA
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: interiors

Post by GTXTRA »

Yes, the 88 GTX was a one year only trim design but shared a similar pattern with some Mk2 Golfs from the same era.

Any Mk2 Rocco seats will bolt straight in and the later GT11/Late Scala tartan set up easier to find perhaps............ unless the Polo folks have grabbed them all.

Corrado front seats bolt in without modification - I've done this on my Scala and my BRM GTX and they're great tbh. Still need to sort out material match on the cloth seats.

AdamG on here - Adam Garside on FB - has fitted a Corrado rear bench to a Mk2; needs some work.

Serial Rocco-ist.........
Mark H

Post by Mark H »

I tried to fit the Corrado rear bench to a Mk2; needs a hell of a lot of work. Seat bench profile is shorter, biggest issue was the split rear Corrado vs MK2 seat for me, trying to lock it into position securely.
I ended up grafting the rear seat headrests onto the MK2 Rear seat and re covering.

Mark

Alpine White
VW Scirocco GT2 (1991)
Membership Number 1296
the edmundator
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by the edmundator »

Split rear isn't a problem in GTX as they all had them as standard.

Register Member 829
--
1980 (1976) Mk1 Junior Cup Replica
1987 MK2 GTX
Dublass

Post by Dublass »

yeh tel me about it have spent well over a year trying to find the right pattern if was gonna swap them out would be for something none rocco - or i get mine fixed with the cheap bk seat i picked up in right material