leather

Bodyshell and Panels; Fittings; Dashboards; Interiors; Bumpers; Light clusters front and rear (non electrical queries) Grilles and brightwork; Repairs including to bulkhead due to clutch cable pulling through
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
INKERMAN
fill in the right answer: 10

leather

Post by INKERMAN »

my money box is now empty, have secured a blue leather seats ,door cards etc etc (from a storm) now a little mankey and in need of good clean.
What should I use there is aliitle bit of surface mould(very little) and lots of surface dirt, help and advice please.
Secondly not 100% on blue leather with blue car may toy with getting it down black, the leather that is.
Again points of view help/advice
IN ADVANCE I THANK YOU :help:

There`s a blue scirocco blowin warm wind into my face
The sun is shining on the underside of the bridges
And there`s cars going by with smiles in the windows

bluestreak56

Re: leather

Post by bluestreak56 »

INKERMAN wrote:my money box is now empty, have secured a blue leather seats ,door cards etc etc (from a storm) now a little mankey and in need of good clean.
What should I use there is aliitle bit of surface mould(very little) and lots of surface dirt, help and advice please.
Secondly not 100% on blue leather with blue car may toy with getting it down black, the leather that is.
Just got a set of tan leathers from Mr Funk and have sent them off to be repaired and re-dyed in a black / red combo.
I looked for a few quotes before choosing the guy who's doing mine got quoted between £500 and £1000...
Not really sure what to suggest if you dont have the money to spend at the moment .. its not cheap to have them refurbed and re-dyed sorry to be the bearer of bad news :cry:

monzajake
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by monzajake »

INKERMAN wrote:my money box is now empty, have secured a blue leather seats ,door cards etc etc (from a storm) now a little mankey and in need of good clean.
To clean, first of use a bathroom soap like dove, theres not so many aditives in that brand. Use with some clean warm water, and a soft scrubing brush, a
soft one tho. Then wipe off with a towel. Halfords do there own leather cleaner which i find just as good as the named ones, along with half the price. Apply with a cloth and then wipe dry.
Use a named feeder like auto-glem etc on the leather. Wipe on and then buff, as if you are polishing the car.
Ive also used leather shoe polish before, and then buffed it up. With my leather being black, it came out like new.

There is on the market a leather / cloth spray you can get and i have seen it used (by my dad) super results. I'll find out what it is called and post it.

INKERMAN

Post by INKERMAN »

CHEERS
Was hoaking about the site and nearly forgot to offer my thanks.
Gave the leather a going over as described and got atuo glym cleaner and feeder(halfords had 3 for 2 and some staff discount)
seats and rear bench have come up good but door cards are stained /splash marks and not so easy bit more elbow grease I think.
Will defo give a wee going over with blue polish just to see.
ps paid 200 dabs good bad indifferent? :music:

monzajake
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by monzajake »

Oh i had forgoten till now the stuff a said about to spray vinal, & leather, is called..Vinalcoate... :ok:

INKERMAN

Post by INKERMAN »

thanks again
looked at this

http://www.frost.co.uk/item_Detail.asp? ... &subCatID=
and it seems this is what I need after googling it followed link to volkzone and read some reviews there
will advise of the outcome
:hi:

the edmundator

Post by the edmundator »

There's a leather renovator that's had very good reviews in Practical Classics... I'll see if I can find out which one it is in an old copy.

Register Member 829
--
1980 (1976) Mk1 Junior Cup Replica
1987 MK2 GTX