Textured paint recommendations for GT bumpers

Bodyshell and Panels; Fittings; Dashboards; Interiors; Bumpers; Light clusters front and rear (non electrical queries) Grilles and brightwork; Repairs including to bulkhead due to clutch cable pulling through
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
Daven
fill in the right answer: 15

Textured paint recommendations for GT bumpers

Post by Daven »

HI, thinking about trying to spray my GT bumpers in a textured paint , they are matt grey in colour and have a smooth moulded insert. Has anyone experience of doing this and if so what product did you use. Cheers.

unknownmale

Re: Textured paint recommendations for GT bumpers

Post by unknownmale »

Don't need a textured paint as the plastic is already textured. I've painted a few of these and always do the same thing. Red scotchbrite pad all over, wax and grease remover then plastikote satin black, three coats. No clear coat is needed.

- David
Daven

Post by Daven »

The reasonI need the textured paint is my bumpers needsome small repairs first from knicks in the plastic so when these are filled I will end up with smoothareas which will need texture adding.

unknownmale

Post by unknownmale »

Try the VHT wrinkle black paint, that will get the same texture so long as you put a hair dryer on it (Or a heat gun at a distance) as it dries. I'd then scuff it all and paint in the plastikote after so it looks uniform.

- David