How to remove mk2 roof gutter trim

Bodyshell and Panels; Fittings; Dashboards; Interiors; Bumpers; Light clusters front and rear (non electrical queries) Grilles and brightwork; Repairs including to bulkhead due to clutch cable pulling through
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
unknownmale
fill in the right answer: 15

How to remove mk2 roof gutter trim

Post by unknownmale »

Respraying my mk2 this weekend, so I need to remove the rubber rain gutter trim on the roof

Can't find any info on it online, anyone got any tips?

Dont' want to start prying from the wrong place

- David
james butler
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: How to remove mk2 roof gutter trim

Post by james butler »

ideally you need ot carefully remove the end peices that slot into the main peice and onto a metal bit on the roof.
then you just prise the trim out carefully off the roof rail thats under the trim.
the plastic will be brittle so take your time.

I dont mind project cars but I HATE SANDING!!!
bengould
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by bengould »

I have always done it as one piece, they slide either forwards or backwards(can't remember which way, it's been a while) onto a kind of mushroom shaped post. They can be a bit tight to get moving and will break if you are too rough with them.

Ben

unknownmale
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by unknownmale »

Figured it out last weekend luckily.

Just got a trim tool underneath at the back and slowly worked it out from the back to the front.

- David