Weber flat-spot

Carbs; K-jet; Tanks; Lines; Filler necks, Senders; aftermarket fuel systems; Exhausts and Manifolds;air filters - standard and aftermarket
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
Akinesis

Weber flat-spot

Post by Akinesis »

I have a flat-spot where the car would seem to die if I held the throttle there long-enough. It's around 4/5ths of the throttle where the second valve opens on the weber. It's doesn't seem to be fuel starvation. Has anyone got any ideas on this??

GTII Track Project... now a different animal for 2009
Akinesis

Re: Weber flat-spot

Post by Akinesis »

I've just realised after reading another thread that I've not connected the vecuum pipe from the back of the carb to ther servo valve. Could this be the reason at all??

james butler
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by james butler »

awnsered ur own question m8. check all vacuum pipes but also ur manifold to carb gasket.

I dont mind project cars but I HATE SANDING!!!
Akinesis

Post by Akinesis »

james butler wrote:awnsered ur own question m8. check all vacuum pipes but also ur manifold to carb gasket.
I hope I have. I checked the gasket before I fitted the webber and it seemed fine, but think I will change it anyway. Also, there was a split in the rubber mount, but it didn't look deep enough not sabotage the vacuum. Will replace these anyway and see how I go on next track day. Would not having the vacuum hose fitted to the servo effect the braking at all??

roccodave
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by roccodave »

your brakes probably will be affected if you have left the hole in the valve open but should get better when you attatch a pipe from it to the carb
ive never run without this vac pipe so didnt think to mention it before but i would think that is the running issue sorted when it is fitted
the best way to check the baseplate is start it and gently pull the carb forward/back and left/right if revs dip or it dies it is letting in air

Akinesis

Post by Akinesis »

roccodave wrote:your brakes probably will be affected if you have left the hole in the valve open but should get better when you attatch a pipe from it to the carb
ive never run without this vac pipe so didnt think to mention it before but i would think that is the running issue sorted when it is fitted
the best way to check the baseplate is start it and gently pull the carb forward/back and left/right if revs dip or it dies it is letting in air
Fantastic! Cheers fella!