Removing Injectors

Carbs; K-jet; Tanks; Lines; Filler necks, Senders; aftermarket fuel systems; Exhausts and Manifolds;air filters - standard and aftermarket
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
Joe87
fill in the right answer: 10

Removing Injectors

Post by Joe87 »

Hi,

I've been trying to remove my fuel injectors as I suspect one of them to be leaky. However, I can't seem to get them to come out of the engine block. The Haynes Manual says that they should just pull out by hand, but mine aren't going anywhere. Any tips?

Cheers.

1987 GTX
markh
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: Removing Injectors

Post by markh »

Get a large flat bladed screwdriver, and carefully lever them out against the rocker cover mate. Theyre only held in by the rubber seal, and in theory should just pop out, but its surprisng how tight they can be. Ive even snapped the top off one before !! Its sometimes easier to do it with the engine warm, spray plenty of WD40 around the injector and try to turn it before pulling, to let the WD40 do its job. You can get new seals from GSF. :good:

Don't ask me....it was like that when i got here !
Joe87

Post by Joe87 »

I did try that, but didn't want to do it too hard in case I snapped it, as you mentioned...
But I will give it another go and use a bit more force and a bit more WD40 :) Cheers...

1987 GTX
PeteGLi

Post by PeteGLi »

There is a handy little tool available from the USA, but it is probably not worth getting one sent over. However, if you know anyone going over there who can bring one - or some back.... It makes removing the injectors very easy .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vw-Rabbi ... ccessories

Joe87

Post by Joe87 »

Wow yeah that looks like just the chap I need.
I'll see if I can make one or something...

1987 GTX