A valver on carbs

Carbs; K-jet; Tanks; Lines; Filler necks, Senders; aftermarket fuel systems; Exhausts and Manifolds;air filters - standard and aftermarket
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
Mr Funk

A valver on carbs

Post by Mr Funk »

I've currently got the option for a nic little 1.8 valver for a song with some weber carbs.

The problem I have is tryign to justify them. I'm only going to be doing 3k a year and I don't exactly rag it. Is it going to to be more hassle than it's worth rather than bung in a mk3 valver lump?

Head of Complaints - Big Pie Cartel
If it sounds like it's naughty, it probably is.
Jetfire
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: A valver on carbs

Post by Jetfire »

Its more reason to do it as the sound will be awesome. Personally, Id go for KR on carbs (my first option for kya) Its not regular day to day driving so why not?

skattrd

Post by skattrd »

Carbs shouldn't be much extra work really, just put a fuel regulator in to cut down the pressure, not sure what else you need to do different from inj, except scrap all the k-jet vac hoses etc..... you know you want to do it really, it'll be a much cleaner looking bay for a start :hugegrin:

richieA

Post by richieA »

I'm currently amassing parts for this exact procedure!

I can't wait!

So I say go for it! :cool:

weber'd valver :D
monzajake
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by monzajake »

Bin the carbs and keep it inj (abf set up or k-jet)..

So much easier dude, and a tidy injection set up can look just as good as a carb set up...

Chaps

Post by Chaps »

have you ever heard twin webers? the noise is to die for in my opinion.... bit of a bugger starting it on a cold morning but my word!! awesome.
Had them on my old car, you need.. carbs & linkages etc, a manifold, fuel regulator, filters, choke cable and something to control the spark? Mine was run by a mechanical dizzy so No ECU. the 16v vw engine is perfect for this conversion too... as the carbs are at the front of the engine for the cold air.

1991 Wide Arched Rieger Scirocco.....

Good things come to those who wait!!!!
RoccoGuy

Post by RoccoGuy »

Chaps wrote:and something to control the spark? Mine was run by a mechanical dizzy so No ECU. the 16v vw engine is perfect for this conversion too... as the carbs are at the front of the engine for the cold air.
the wiring for the spark on the k-jet is done controlled by a separate wiring loom so no need to worry about modifying any thing like that, just fit that part of the 16v wiring :hi: