Exhaust(ing) options

Carbs; K-jet; Tanks; Lines; Filler necks, Senders; aftermarket fuel systems; Exhausts and Manifolds;air filters - standard and aftermarket
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
frlrubett
fill in the right answer: 15

Exhaust(ing) options

Post by frlrubett »

Excuse the pun, but during the engine rebuilt process of my Mk2 the exhaust has been found to be rotten and in need of a replacement. Patching up not an option apparently. Yet more expense before xmas but never mind!

Its a 1988 1.8 (being rebored to a 1.9) DX engine. What would you recommend? I am not a big fan of loud exhausts and the car is pretty original anyway so would not want to be too silly with a GIANT pipe. Are there alternative systems I could use, priced a cheap as is appropriate!

Thanks

james butler
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Exhaust(ing) options

Post by james butler »

for the price i would go with a custom stainless everytime.
i had a custom exhaust from the downpipe back (not loud but a copy of standard) fully fitted with new hangers for £230
ive had a jetex, it didnt fit properly and rotted out the same time as a steel one would because it is steel.
i would look about and get prices and see what your options are

I dont mind project cars but I HATE SANDING!!!