Replacing fuel hoses

Carbs; K-jet; Tanks; Lines; Filler necks, Senders; aftermarket fuel systems; Exhausts and Manifolds;air filters - standard and aftermarket
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
Brenjacques
fill in the right answer: 15

Replacing fuel hoses

Post by Brenjacques »

Just looking to replace the fuel hoses on my car as the ones fitted are still the originals date stamped 1985. Just wondered where people have bought theirs from and what size they used. Also, I'm looking at replacing the clear fuel return hose as it's quite yellowed and probably original too, are these still available anywhere or is it okay to just use normal fuel hose?

james butler
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Replacing fuel hoses

Post by james butler »

i used 8mm copper micro bore from wickes to make the solid fuel lines. its not hard but you will need a 8mm pipe bender to get the bends done right without kinking.
take the old ones off in one piece if you can and use them as a template to make the new ones.
the only problem with 8mm is all the pipes from the tank and to the engine are 6mm so you will need some reducers, i made my own out of brass but they can be bought.
yes you can replace the return with normal fuel hose assuming it is a carb version as its low pressure.

I dont mind project cars but I HATE SANDING!!!