Air intake for DX engine

Carbs; K-jet; Tanks; Lines; Filler necks, Senders; aftermarket fuel systems; Exhausts and Manifolds;air filters - standard and aftermarket
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
RoccoJimbo
fill in the right answer: 15

Air intake for DX engine

Post by RoccoJimbo »

Has anyone had experience of changing original intake pipe( to airflow metering box )? Because, as I'm sure you're aware, the original tubing is next to useless & finishes at a thin air duct which I think relatively useless..
I have seen the air ducts which replace the nearside inner lamp.. look ok would allow better air flow to box with correct routing of adjoining pipe. My questions are...
Is it a UK legal requirement to run 2 highbeam/flashers?
Does it look odd with only 1 inner lamp?
If you remove it, how did you blank it? I have a Kamei mesh grill on the front so I'd have to match the mesh and make a frame if it's a case of a blank that matches..

Your thoughts/opinions would be greatly appreciated

1990 Tornado Red Scala.
mr.brown

Re: Air intake for DX engine

Post by mr.brown »

I think you'd have to go for two air intakes, i.e. remove both inner lights.
The outer lights have main beam function so satisfy MOT requirements.

mr.brown

Post by mr.brown »

Or swap your Kamei for my standard grill + factory inner light blanks.You could then have a stealth air intake.

RoccoJimbo

Post by RoccoJimbo »

Thanks for the offer but I have a standard grill with inner blanks already. I just prefer the look of the kamei on mine..

1990 Tornado Red Scala.