Vibrations

Carbs; K-jet; Tanks; Lines; Filler necks, Senders; aftermarket fuel systems; Exhausts and Manifolds;air filters - standard and aftermarket
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
Mk2liamjones
fill in the right answer: 15

Vibrations

Post by Mk2liamjones »

Hello everyone,
I seem to be getting loads of vibrations when i come off the accelerator, and going down the revs.
Im pretty sure its because of the T.A technix 4-2-1 manifold, hitting the steering just under the steering boot,

i was just wondering if anyone has come across this problem and how they fixed it?

All i can think of is denting the pipe for clearance or shaving some metal off of the part the exhaust hits, or would something like powerflex mounts help .. any input would be appreciated..

ive tried taking a photo of said part but its not great.ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

unknownmale
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: Vibrations

Post by unknownmale »

A hammer would be my first thought, after double checking all the engine mounts

- David
mark1gls
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Vibrations

Post by mark1gls »

That manifold is very close to the steering rack, as unknownmale said check the engine mounts, it's usually the front and rear mount that takes all the punishment.

You can try and adjust the front mount as there is some movement in it, a block of wood and a trolly jack will enable you to move the engine about to see if you can get more room.

I've not got a Mk2 Scirocco but there is a finger width between my manifold and steering rack on my mk1 Golf cabriolet.

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323