Rough running under load

Carbs; K-jet; Tanks; Lines; Filler necks, Senders; aftermarket fuel systems; Exhausts and Manifolds;air filters - standard and aftermarket
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
C 20 CCO
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: Rough running under load

Post by C 20 CCO »

Brilliant news matey, so glad you didn’t have the trouble I had. Collapsed fuel pipes wow. Mind you, the pull from the pump isn’t a great amount on a carb system so although it was pulling like mad it wasn’t quite enough. [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kind regards,

Dave.

To be old and wise......
You must first be young and stupid!

Previously owned: 1984 1.6 CL in alpine white; 1986 1.6 GT in met light blue over black body kit; 1990 1.8 GT2 in silver.
Currently: 1991 GT2 in Pearl green metallic.
Red Rocco
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by Red Rocco »

I’ll keep a spare filter in the glove box from now on. I think whoever painted the old filler neck didn’t mask off the ends when they were spraying it. Might have a look in the tank and see what’s floating around in there

mark1gls
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by mark1gls »

You can fish around inside with a magnet on a stick if you find any rusty bits of metal then clean the magnet off and drop it in the tank as it will collect any bits floating about just don’t place it to close to the float for the fuel gauge in case it sticks to the magnet..

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323