Injector Replacement K-Jet

Carbs; K-jet; Tanks; Lines; Filler necks, Senders; aftermarket fuel systems; Exhausts and Manifolds;air filters - standard and aftermarket
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
jimmy h
fill in the right answer: 10

Injector Replacement K-Jet

Post by jimmy h »

Last time mine were removed over 20 years ago, the plastic cups that they sit in, pretty much disintegrated. It was OK at the time as I was rebuilding the engine and I had the cylinder head off, so it was fairly easy to remove the remnants. I did not replace the injectors at the time.
A few months ago I purchased new Bosch injectors and now at 143K miles on the originals I'm tempted to replace, but I'm not experiencing any running issues - and I'm thinking if it isn't broke don't fix it.
What is the experience of others on here about this? Am I likely to experience the same again, and will the head have to come off?

duggers

Re: Injector Replacement K-Jet

Post by duggers »

I would leave well alone if all is good. You're likely to need to have the head off in the future for HG or decoke etc so I would fit them when that is needed.
K-jet injectors are fairly simple in design so using decent fuel and giving it a good Italian tune up every now and again is useful.

Apparently the dreadful paint on my Rocco is PATINA....
Membership # 432
mark1gls

Post by mark1gls »

Both times I've had to replace my injectors is when they leak fuel when you switch the car off so the engine is flooded with fuel and runs lumpy at first till the extra petrol burns off, I found unplugging the 5th injector helped as not adding extra fuel on start up but if you have none of these problems I would leave them alone till you need to do anything with them.

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323
scrappy1382
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by scrappy1382 »

my number 2 injector ( looking left to right ) is leaking and have the occasional lumpy start for a short while. im not gonna bother with it untill i decide to do a hg change and refurb. i just put up with it.

Scirocco Shane
84 cosmos blue storm - mafia car choice 2015 rip :-(
84 Havanna Brown Storm - 8-)