removing waxstat parts

Carbs; K-jet; Tanks; Lines; Filler necks, Senders; aftermarket fuel systems; Exhausts and Manifolds;air filters - standard and aftermarket
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
big_wig_074
fill in the right answer: 15

removing waxstat parts

Post by big_wig_074 »

anybody know how to remove the parts behind the waxstat, ie the 2nd throttle lever and spring it controls? when I search I just get a vague exploded diagram, or pictures of the waxstat unit itself. I have a spare carb that I am using as it has working pulldown unit and autochoke etc but it came without the waxstat parts fitted, I want to strip them off the old carb but don't want to damage anything. any tips?

big_wig_074
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: removing waxstat parts

Post by big_wig_074 »

OK, so for future reference as I guess nobody knew, once the grub screw for adjustment is removed you then have to simply prise off the wax stat parts, rotating both them and the main throttle lever so that they slide off the post they are attached to. Takes a little bit of time but no special tools are required, just a flat blade screwdriver to start the ball rolling. The parts all come out individually so remember how it all goes together

mark1gls
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: removing waxstat parts

Post by mark1gls »

Good job on letting us know how its done.

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323