HELP !!WRONG stainless exhaust header

Carbs; K-jet; Tanks; Lines; Filler necks, Senders; aftermarket fuel systems; Exhausts and Manifolds;air filters - standard and aftermarket
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
blackwedge
fill in the right answer: 15

HELP !!WRONG stainless exhaust header

Post by blackwedge »

HELP !!! Good afternoon all, spring seems to be in the air so it was with a spring in my step that I nipped into my mechanics workshop to see how my beloved rocco was getting on ref; the rebuilt engine , when the look on his face said it all. Houston we have a problem..... I purchased a nice shiny stainless exhaust header to join up with a jetex sports exhaust and guess what? it won't fit.... The original header drops down about 90degrees to under the steering rack then turns 90 again to link up with the exhaust. the stainless one just bashes into where the rack is. Can anyone advise if there is a stainless aftermarket header that will fill fit, or am I going to have to use the old one(which is fine, I just wanted a shiny one and a bit more oomph). It's my fault for not researching enough . Any info/link/part number etc regarding this would be appreciated, I'm off to the pub to drown my sorrows.

1988 GTX 8v DX engine code

Have a great weekend all !!

Scott

Nate
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: HELP !!WRONG stainless exhaust header

Post by Nate »

Get a mild at steel one instead. Stainless manifolds are prone to cracking

Check out my photostream on Flickr
'69 bay, '79 bay, '74 bug, '78 GLS, '91 GT2, '10 SAAB 9-3