Injector confusion between 8v and 16v

Carbs; K-jet; Tanks; Lines; Filler necks, Senders; aftermarket fuel systems; Exhausts and Manifolds;air filters - standard and aftermarket
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
MrP

Injector confusion between 8v and 16v

Post by MrP »

I've mixed up my 8v and 16v injectors and have no idea which are which..

Both have the part number 049 133 551A (VW part number)

And then half have: 0 437 502 026
the other half have: 0 437 502 041
Both Bosch Part numbers.

Etka recognises the first (049 133 551A) as K-jet injectors for the DX engine (8v) but not for the KR (16v)

Etka can't recognise the latter two codes.

Which are 8v and which are 16v or does it not make a difference?

Joe87
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Injector confusion between 8v and 16v

Post by Joe87 »

Would also be helpful if anyone knows the difference between pre- and post-86 8v injectors...?

1987 GTX
PeteGLi

Post by PeteGLi »

Joe87 wrote:Would also be helpful if anyone knows the difference between pre- and post-86 8v injectors...?
The thread pitch where it screws into the fuel lines. One set is fine, the other coarse, but I cannot remember which way round it is. Some also have a little cap on the nozzle end, but it depends on which injector seat fitting you have in the cylinder head as to whether you need the cap or not.

If you are getting new ones from a dealer or GSF, etc, it is a good idea to take one of the old ones in to make sure that you get the correct fitment.

Joe87

Post by Joe87 »

PeteGLi wrote:If you are getting new ones from a dealer or GSF, etc, it is a good idea to take one of the old ones in to make sure that you get the correct fitment.
Actually it's off MrP :)
I would check, but I haven't managed to remove mine yet...they're a bugger to get out. But I will have a look before buying new ones, thanks for the tip.

1987 GTX