Converting to gas

Carbs; K-jet; Tanks; Lines; Filler necks, Senders; aftermarket fuel systems; Exhausts and Manifolds;air filters - standard and aftermarket
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
chadwick
fill in the right answer: 10

Converting to gas

Post by chadwick »

I''m taking my rocco down to Wales tomorrow as my dear old father's offered to give her a respray and repair some dodgy panels :hugegrin: - means I'll be without a car for about a month though!

Anyhow, whilst the car is there, my brother wants to convert it from patrol to gas. He's done the conversion on his car (an old mercedes) and said it hasn't made any difference to the performance, but I'm not convinced. My gut feeling is that it's just a lousy idea.

Anyone here tried it?

GTXTRA

Re: Converting to gas

Post by GTXTRA »

Nate on here ran a Scala with LPG for a while - he would be best person to ask Ruth.

Serial Rocco-ist.........
Nate

Re: Converting to gas

Post by Nate »

pm sent

also just thought - you'll need to be careful with your choice of LPG mixer to go on the carb. i ended up getting one for a renault 4 and opening up the holes in it slightly to flow more gas through it

Check out my photostream on Flickr
'69 bay, '79 bay, '74 bug, '78 GLS, '91 GT2, '10 SAAB 9-3