Dash lights

For all electrical questions; Alternators including fitment; Light connections/wiring; Instruments; Gauges; MFA; Heater blower (not coolant related) issues etc etc.
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
KB88

Dash lights

Post by KB88 »

I might be wrong here but when i bought my Rocco i swear the heater bar and numbers around the fan controls etc lit up. :dunno:

The buld that sits above the ash tray stopped working and i thought that would be it. I've replaced it but it doesn't seem to illuminate the heater bar etc.
Ive taken the cover off and all i see is an electrical connection to the back of the heater bar (is this actually a light?)
So in short is it meant to light up and how?

Secondly, the one in the ash tray had small soldered bits there, the replacement doesn't sit in there that well, do i have to solder it again?

Cheers

Jay4424
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Dash lights

Post by Jay4424 »

Yes to the soldering... makes a better job abyway, as for the other, I tap mine and it works! ..if someone knows how to replace /fix I'd be interested too!

'85 Mk2 GT 1.6 carb. 4+E box, loads of goodies (elecy things!)
GT2 trailer (with the Fon-zooroo!!!)
'52 BSA A10
'37 72' wooden narrow boat
'03 Suzuki GSX1400