Wiper motor grease

For all electrical questions; Alternators including fitment; Light connections/wiring; Instruments; Gauges; MFA; Heater blower (not coolant related) issues etc etc.
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
Nutty
fill in the right answer: 15

Wiper motor grease

Post by Nutty »

Just sorting out the windscreen wipers, a bit reluctant to get going at first but they are now at least moving on all settings, is it possible to change the grease in the wiper gear box? I have had a look on the old www and there are suggestions about using white lithium grease, does anyone have any experience with this?

Many thanks
Willem

The first tool invented was a hammer, the second a bigger hammer
james butler
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Wiper motor grease

Post by james butler »

you're more likely going to need to grease the wiper spindles as these are often neglected.
take the wiper mech completely apart and you will see the bushes that get stuck

I dont mind project cars but I HATE SANDING!!!
Nutty

Post by Nutty »

Thank you James, I did take the linkage apart and cleaned up the spindles, was working for a bit, still slow even on high speed, now the motor has burned out.. Ah well that will encourage me to get a new motor, I think I read somewhere on the forum that a Golf Mk3 wiper motor is compatible, will have to look for that post.

The first tool invented was a hammer, the second a bigger hammer
Jack92
Site Admin

Post by Jack92 »

Yeah as James said grease grease grease.

Also pretty sure essextom at Dreadnought has a motor or 2 as I sold him one in a job lot. Might be worth giving him a shout

Jack
South East

VW Scirocco Scala MK2 1.8 Inj
Jaguar XE

www.jackgregory.me.uk