Programmable intermittent wipe?

For all electrical questions; Alternators including fitment; Light connections/wiring; Instruments; Gauges; MFA; Heater blower (not coolant related) issues etc etc.
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
timmaaah
fill in the right answer: 15

Programmable intermittent wipe?

Post by timmaaah »

Hey all - quick question. My 94 Corrado has a programmable wipe whereby you can chose the delay. This is controlled by a relay, I forget which one.

Has anyone tried retrofitting the 'Rado one to relay location 10 on a MK2 Rocco? I see there is a relay 99=front wiper variable here. I do miss the variable wipe when driving the Roco in the rain

Thoughts? Thanks :)

DannyH
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Programmable intermittent wipe?

Post by DannyH »

IIRC it's relay 99 and it can be retrofitted

Danny
unknownmale
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by unknownmale »

I have the Relay 99, can pick them up for around £20

- David
mark1gls
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by mark1gls »

99 is the programmable relay.

Move wiper stalk down to intermediate let the arm wipe the screen then park, move the stalk up to the off position and the wiper arm may swipe the screen wait till you want the time needed between wipes then move the stalk down to intermediate and then you should have the same time between wipes.
When you switch the car off the relay sets back to the standard 7 sec wipe.

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323