wiper motor modification

For all electrical questions; Alternators including fitment; Light connections/wiring; Instruments; Gauges; MFA; Heater blower (not coolant related) issues etc etc.
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
james butler
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: wiper motor modification

Post by james butler »

type53b wrote:It was doddle to fit, mark. Literally just bolt in, plug and play. Thanks for the advice!
glad you got it fixed buddy and thanks for getting back to us as I'm sure the info will help others too 8-)

I dont mind project cars but I HATE SANDING!!!
type53b

Post by type53b »

Update to this mod.. It still works perfect but I have noticed that since taking the spindle apart and cleaning the rust/corrosion off the shaft and regreasing it, there is a fair bit of side to side play in it. Maybe the corrosion was holding it steadier. I don't know but I'm not happy about it.anyway, I have decided to go the whole hog and mod one of the golf mk4 wiper arms ,(the passenger side I think?? ) to fit on the car in place of the original arm,purely because it has a much heavier, stiffer spring fitted to it so this should help with keeping the wiper blade planted to the screen better and might stop the blade squeaking. Then again it might not. I can change it back to original if I am not happy with it anyway. I am only doing it cos I have parts at hand. If it doesn't work, well then nothing ventured, nothing gained. Anyway the mk 4 wiper arm is about 5 inches longer so I will have to cut it down.I am also going to look into trying to bodge/modify a mk 4 wiper spindle into the scirocco wiper mounting. I will keep you posted.

I will let you know how I get on.

remember, if it's got tit's or tyre's, sooner or later it's gonna give you trouble.
mark1gls

Post by mark1gls »

Squeaking or jumpy wiper blade usually means the blade is at the end of its life, Bosch wiper blades from Euro Car Parts or car parts 4 U are not that expensive if on offer....

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323
type53b

Post by type53b »

Its a brand new valeo blade,mark still bloody squeaks!

remember, if it's got tit's or tyre's, sooner or later it's gonna give you trouble.