driver side front indicator not working

For all electrical questions; Alternators including fitment; Light connections/wiring; Instruments; Gauges; MFA; Heater blower (not coolant related) issues etc etc.
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
type53b
fill in the right answer: 10

driver side front indicator not working

Post by type53b »

Lads I have a problem, today the driver side front indicator stopped working. I checked the bulb ,its good, changed I anyway for a new one. Still no joy, all the other indicators work as do the hazards but no right front. I put a multi meter on the bulb holder terminals and there is power getting to it but only about 7 to 8 volts. I also tried 2 different relays and still it won't work.????? Where do I go from here???? Thanks

remember, if it's got tit's or tyre's, sooner or later it's gonna give you trouble.
type53b

Re: driver side front indicator not working

Post by type53b »

OK I got this sorted. Normal service has resumed. Down to dodgy connections in the end, all good now.

remember, if it's got tit's or tyre's, sooner or later it's gonna give you trouble.
mark1gls

Post by mark1gls »

Glad it's fixed and just a bad connection, had a few rusty sockets in my time :-D

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323
type53b

Post by type53b »

It was down to a loose pin on one of the multi plugs (c18) going into the back of my crappy ceramic fuse fusebox. Do you know how to tighten up the female pins on these?