question about power steering.

Suspension; Gearbox, Clutch and Driveshafts; Brakes; Steering; Throttle and clutch cable issues
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
lucyanne

question about power steering.

Post by lucyanne »

can i get a scirocco with power steering or is that an extra ill have to pay for?

AndyGreaves

Re: question about power steering.

Post by AndyGreaves »

Rocco's never came with power steering (i believe? - ppl correct me if Im wrong) but there is a conversion you can do to fit a power steering system to the Rocco. Bluestreak56 has it fitted, he and others will be able to give you more details/information about it

lucyanne

Post by lucyanne »

oh thats great. im not the strongest of people lol so this would be a help

bluestreak56
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by bluestreak56 »

AndyGreaves wrote:Rocco's never came with power steering (i believe? - ppl correct me if Im wrong) but there is a conversion you can do to fit a power steering system to the Rocco. Bluestreak56 has it fitted, he and others will be able to give you more details/information about it

Exactly as Andy said above. No UK spec rocco's came with power steering. I doubt that the 10 imported 16 valvers even had power steering kits..

There was a special kit designed by an aftermarket company called TSR who built power steering kits specifically for Mark 2 Rocco's

In the last year I have seen 3 of these kits for sale (2 on ebay and 1 here on the register). Prices are varying but I think they were £250 - £400

My car came with a power steering kit which apparently the previous owner built himself from a Nissan Bluebird / Metro 100 so it is possible but Ive not actually seen another rocco advertised with a power steering kit in the last 12 months..

Hope that helps

filmidget

Post by filmidget »

I think there are some useful threads on ClubGTI about power steering on A1 chassis.

I think if I decided I needed power steering, I would go with fitting some kind of electric column system (Corsa or something).

'82 GTI 'CagedRoc' - MG Midget - Volvo 850 T5 - Citroen C2 GT - Lilac Trailer Custodian
Current owned:roadworthy factor = 75% (personal record)
lucyanne

Post by lucyanne »

i asked because i seen one with power steerin on ebay but that was only one. I dont even know how much im meant to save iv seen some sciroccos for 2,500!!!! i personally wouldn pay that. as soon as i get one ill pay for the full membership i think it will be worth having

bluestreak56

Post by bluestreak56 »

lucyanne wrote:i asked because i seen one with power steerin on ebay but that was only one. I dont even know how much im meant to save iv seen some sciroccos for 2,500!!!! i personally wouldn pay that. as soon as i get one ill pay for the full membership i think it will be worth having
Do you have a link to it? Id be very interested to see that one ... must have slipped past me as I check every rocco on ebay :blush:

lucyanne

Post by lucyanne »

it weren on ebay hun i just typed in scirrocco for sale in s.wales. and clicked on one the results. ill try and find it now

ianaudia4
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by ianaudia4 »

Hey Lucyanne,

Have a look at this link, a white GT2 and in South Wales as well !

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/advert_m ... ref=C81690

Get it bought and join the elite!!!

Ian :chortle:

1984 MK2 Havanna brown Storm
1989 MK2 Alpine white Scala injection
2006 Audi A4 3.0TDI quattro (the beast)
lucyanne

Post by lucyanne »

i cant see it its askin for a password

ianaudia4

Post by ianaudia4 »

Just type in Car and classics then, it didn't work for me either when I just tried it.
I'm old and crap with computers!

ianaudia4

Post by ianaudia4 »

Lucyanne,

Just had another look on Car and Classics, there is a few nice Sciroccos for sale.
There is a white one in Tyne and Wear, looks nice and been for sale since the end of March, my neck of the woods, so if you
want it looking at I have some time on my hands at the moment.
The White one in South Wales is nice as well, been on sale since the beginning of March, got to be worth making an offer.

lucyanne

Post by lucyanne »

messaged him. :)