Hydro to cable cutch

Suspension; Gearbox, Clutch and Driveshafts; Brakes; Steering; Throttle and clutch cable issues
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
Williams_11
fill in the right answer: 15

Hydro to cable cutch

Post by Williams_11 »

Hello currently rebuilding a mk2 and trying to put a 1.8t in with a ctn gearbox from a mk3 diesel, it's cable change hydro clutch type, so now my question is anyone using one of the conversion kits if so which one and is it any good, and which clutch cable should I be using

james butler
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Hydro to cable cutch

Post by james butler »

I dont mind project cars but I HATE SANDING!!!
hubbadubba

Post by hubbadubba »

Classic-vw.co.uk sell a cable actuated clutch mechanism, give them a ring for cable advice, usually very helpful, or convert to hydraulic with the kit to weld on the steering column (retrofication.co.uk) I went that route, it works well and eliminates the cable pulling through the bulkhead issues, bit more work involved but when done it’s worth it 👍
Si

Williams_11

Post by Williams_11 »

Thanks for the reply, car already had the bulkhead issue but it's been fixed so won't happen again