Which Lowering Springs To Buy .

Suspension; Gearbox, Clutch and Driveshafts; Brakes; Steering; Throttle and clutch cable issues
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
G Beats
fill in the right answer: 10

Which Lowering Springs To Buy .

Post by G Beats »

Hello ever body the springs on sally are to low and need changing as she is now sitting between 35 - 25 mm low we would like to get a set 40 mm . Here the ones I would like you thought's on list ====

[1] Eibach .

[2] H & R .

Thanks very much indeed for the help peoples .

G Beats.Been into MK 2 V.W Sciroccos since 98.Now on my fourth MK 2 Scirocco. R.I.P two MK 2 Scala DX Engine's.Sold GT 2. No longer have a mk 2 v.w Scirocco as it was stolen back in February 2020 .Or another one know have a 1980s BMW.
unknownmale
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: Which Lowering Springs To Buy .

Post by unknownmale »

I would say this depends on the shocks you're using.

For example if you had Koni str shocks I would use H&R springs, bilstein b4s I would run Eibach springs.

I had the Eibach springs on koni shocks before and the front was bouncy and would unsettle, H&R springs on Koni were fine. I've had Eibach springs on Bilstein B4s, this was fine, not tried H&R on Bilsteins though.

- David
G Beats
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Which Lowering Springs To Buy .

Post by G Beats »

unknownmale wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:12 am I would say this depends on the shocks you're using.

For example if you had Koni str shocks I would use H&R springs, bilstein b4s I would run Eibach springs.

I had the Eibach springs on koni shocks before and the front was bouncy and would unsettle, H&R springs on Koni were fine. I've had Eibach springs on Bilstein B4s, this was fine, not tried H&R on Bilsteins though.
Well I brought the suspension set three years ago this year coming up some time it is from Germany cost £159.95 all in with p & p . From ebay I have had abother look for the set on ebay there are no sets on there anymore . Some one here did have a second set on here for sale back last year .

G Beats.Been into MK 2 V.W Sciroccos since 98.Now on my fourth MK 2 Scirocco. R.I.P two MK 2 Scala DX Engine's.Sold GT 2. No longer have a mk 2 v.w Scirocco as it was stolen back in February 2020 .Or another one know have a 1980s BMW.